How to Effectively Limit Children to Play Gadget? Experts say, when someone looks too long at a screen, it will cause serious health problems, one of which is obesity. Because like television, gadgets make children lazy to move, and this habit will greatly affect the child’s weight.
So, how to effectively restrict children from play gadgets? The American Heart Association (AHA) warns of the danger of staring at the blue screen for too long, and encourages parents to turn off the TV and keep gadgets away from their children.
Because, the AHA statistics show that, if the time a child spends in front of the TV has decreased. His habit of staring at the screen as a whole has increased, the possibility of danger will continue to increase. Quoted from one of the famous media based in San Francisco. It was concluded that children aged 13 to 18 years now spend an average of 6 hours 40 minutes in front of the screen.
Including watching television, movies and videos, surfing the internet, and spending time on social media, and playing video games. This number does not include the time they spend doing schoolwork by browsing the internet, you know.
In its report, the AHA said, if school-age children who spend time in front of the screen for 8 hours a day. It is definitely considered excessive. This increase in time will carry many risks, including a decrease in sleep quality and social skills. An increased risk of health problems associated with too long sitting behavior, such as obesity.
The researchers also showed that children who spent more than 35 hours per week staring at cellphones or devices, faced a greater risk of heart disease and stroke, compared to those who spent less than 16 hours per week.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says that the habit of playing with cellphones or gadgets. Should not replace physical activity, exploration or social interaction. So, to prevent the adverse effects of blue screens on children, try ways to restrict children from playing gadgets, namely by:
- The way to restrict children from playing the first gadget is by not allowing them to use mobile devices up to a certain age.
- Even if you allow it, limit its use, how many hours a day or a week.
- Do not use cellular devices too often in front of children, because this will trigger their curiosity. And, children will also feel neglected if you play too often with gadgets.
- And, to limit children from playing gadgets, you need to make alternatives for more interesting shows or activities.
- As another way to limit children from playing gadgets, you can also invite them to go outside. Whether it’s a park or museum, so that their interest in the real world also increases.
So that you can see the reviews in this article about How to Effectively Limit the Children Play Gadget. Hopefully useful and can help you all. Thank you for reading this review.